- Fri, 13:58: Going to attempt to get my sweat on, shower, then start baking cookies. No testers. This time it's for the hoard coming to dinner. ;)
- Fri, 15:00: I spent 25 minutes doing fitbit hip hop abs fat burning cardio 1. 0 calories burned. #LoseIt
- Fri, 15:00: I spent 15 minutes doing fitbit hip hop abs hips, buns, & thighs. 0 calories burned. #LoseIt
- Fri, 15:02: Aaaand first cupcake/cookie order in. That goes on Sunday's to do list, assuming I don't get too many others. lol
- Fri, 15:06: I weighed in and lost 0.4 lbs. #LoseIt
- Fri, 15:08: My Janetter is getting very busy now that I'm workign with 3 (THREE!) different accounts. lol *waves @SaxyKs and @DrakkinaPress *
- Fri, 15:38: I earned a Fitbit Adjustment of 15 calories. #LoseIt
- Fri, 16:25: I spent 30 minutes doing fitbit hula abs & buns. 0 calories burned. #LoseIt
- Fri, 16:58: 7 weekly followers. 3 unfollowers. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - unfollowers beware - via http://t.co/PwIIcB4keW
- Fri, 16:59: Out of curiosity, for those who have self-pubbed, which service did you use and why? Lulu, Smashswords, Create Space, etc...
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is a heck of a ride. There is quite a lot of walking and running, as expected.
The storytelling is a bit disjointed. Hoping for a director's cut that ties together a little better.
mini-Imax 3D: One scene caused a moment of vertigo for me.
I found the ending rather surprising. It made me laugh, oddly.
- Current Mood: amused
- Thu, 14:47: I need to wake up enough to bake cupcakes. Have a batch to make so hubs can take them in tomorrow.
- Thu, 18:18: Woot! Filling came out perfect! Switched out he milk for heavy whipping cream and didn't whip so much. It's purdy and pepperminty. :)
- Thu, 20:20: I helped give 100 families in Guatemala a month of health care by working out with @earndit http://t.co/MKJTFdBOdf
- Fri, 02:54: My bank is pissing me off again. The ONE night I REALLY needed the money credited early, it's running late. GAH!
- Fri, 06:28: Finally going to bed. Lord knows when I'll get up and whether or not I'll work out. I'm betting not. For now, night.... zzzzzz... zzzzz...
In you, and scrawled their manuscript!
Have shared their secrets, told their cares,
Their curious and quaint affairs!
Your pool of ink, your scratchy pen,
Have moved the lives of unborn men,
And watched young people, breathing hard,
Put Heaven on a postal card.
- To a Post-Office Inkwell by Christopher Morley
View all posts tagged as Poetry Friday at Bildungsroman.
View the roundup schedule at A Year of Reading.
Learn more about Poetry Friday.
- Current Mood: grateful
- Current Music:These Shoes by Maria Mena
1. I gave my last school visit of 2013 this week in beautiful Brookfield, Connecticut. This was my third time visiting Whisconier Middle School, and every time I go, the kids are fabulous.
2. My daughter comes home today for Christmas! I'm so excited to see her and have her home.
3. While I was in Connecticut, I found out that Half A Chance (Feb 2014) was chosen as a Junior Library Guild selection! This is my first JLG book, and I'm thrilled. :)
4. Also, Hot Rod Hamster: Monster Truck Mania (March 2014) received a glowing and fun review in Kirkus! https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-revi
5. My family is hosting two Christmas parties this weekend and now the weather says freezing rain on both days. Nooooooo! We have lobster (which is how we lure our families to make the drive to Maine!), but now I'm thinking if the weather is bad, there may be no one here to eat it!
- Current Mood: busy
Edited by Christopher Golden, DARK DUETS features an extraordinary lineup of collaborative stories, with the authors of each story collaborating for the very first time. Here are the duos and the titles of their tales:
TRIP TRAP by Sherrilyn Kenyon & Kevin J. Anderson
WELDED by Tom Piccirilli & T.M. Wright
DARK WITNESS by Charlaine Harris & Rachel Caine
REPLACING MAX by Stuart MacBride & Allan Guthrie
T. RHYMER by Gregory Frost & Jonathan Maberry
SHE, DOOMED GIRL by Sarah MacLean & Carrie Ryan
HAND JOB by Chelsea Cain & Lidia Yuknavitch
HOLLOW CHOICES by Robert Jackson Bennett & David Liss
AMUSE-BOUCHE by Amber Benson & Jeffrey J. Mariotte
BRANCHES, CURVING by Tim Lebbon & Michael Marshall Smith
RENASCENCE by Rhodi Hawk and F. Paul Wilson
BLIND LOVE by Kasey Lansdale & Joe R. Lansdale
TRAPPER BOY by Holly Newstein & Rick Hautala
STEWARD OF THE BLOOD by Nate Kenyon & James A. Moore
CALCULATING ROUTE by Michael Koryta & Jeffrey David Greene
SISTERS BEFORE MISTERS by Sarah Rees Brennan, Cassandra Clare, & Holly Black
SINS LIKE SCARLET by Mark Morris & Rio Youers
Dark Duets will be published by Harper Voyager in January 2014.
If you're connected with a bookstore, please pass along that Dark Duets is not canceled. In the words of editor Christopher Golden, "Apparently there is some confusion because it was originally announced as a hardcover and will now be a trade paperback. Distributors are notifying stores that the hardcover is canceled without explaining that it's been replaced by the trade. This could be very detrimental to sales, so any help spreading the word to stores is deeply appreciated." Spread the word, booksellers!
- Current Mood: thankful
- Current Music:Interesting by Maria Mena
I was thrilled when the poem was accepted for publication, and thrilled again when an educational publisher from Canada contacted me and asked my permission to reprint the poem as part of a fourth-grade curriculum for reluctant readers. It will be used in their online curriculum (and the sample I saw for an older grade was splendiferous indeed!), and in text if they opt to print it.
I was happy, of course, to get paid for the poem again, but happier still to think that thousands of Canadian school kids will get to read my poem. (I just hope it isn't a painful experience for them.)
- Current Mood: grateful
- Current Music:Hold Me Closer, Tiny Dancer (brainradio)